Directions: Teagasc Event signs will be used to direct you to the farms
- Aidan & Anne Murphy – Farm will be sign posted from the N11 approximately 1 km north of Camolin (about ten minutes driving from Camolin)
- Arthur & Patrick O’Keeffe – Farm is on the N73 between Mallow and Mitchelstown (approximately 7 km from Mallow)
- Eamon Duffy – Farm located just of the N52 between Kells and Mullingar (approximately. 6 km from Kells)
- James McKane – Farm located just 1km from the traffic lights in Killygordon on the N15
- Michael Murphy – Farm is located on the N17 between Tuam and Claregalway (approx. 6 miles south of Tuam)
This coming July, Sheep Ireland in association with Teagasc are planning to hold a number of on-farm evening workshops (starting at 7.00pm) for Irish ram breeders. The objective of these workshops will be to explain the workings of the Sheep Ireland genetic evaluations to current and potential LambPlus breeders, go though some of the reports and other functionality available on the website that can assist breeders in making important breeding decisions. We aim to have lots of open discussion on the day and to make it a worthwhile event for all attendees.
Ram breeders are the people that engage most with commercial sheep farmers, so by further increasing the knowledge of LambPlus breeders about the €uro-Stars, will help ram breeders to pass the message on to commercial farmers as well as helping to increase their own understanding on the stars.