Lleyn Sheep Society Open Day
Sheep Ireland will be in attendance at the upcoming Lleyn Sheep Society Open Day. This will take place on Saturday 27th May, at 1pm on the farm of Clifford Richardson. Key times:
- 1:00pm – Start of Open Day.
- 2:30pm – Talk by Simon Brown.
- 3:00pm – Farm Walk with Clifford Richardson.
Click here for more details.
Ultrasound Scanning (Muscle and BackFat) 2017
Scanning is after getting off to a good start this week with over 20 flocks being scanned. If you have a preference for when you would like to have your flock scanned please contact the office so we can schedule you in for a date.
The date to apply for scanning has now passed. If you still wish to have your flock scanned and haven’t notified us please telephone the Sheep Ireland office and we can take your details. Please note that we will not be able to guarantee scanning for flocks who didn’t contact us before the deadline.
- All lambs born on the 1 st February should have their weaning weight recorded before the 1st June. If lambs are older than 120 days, this weight will count as a scan weight.
- For people who aren’t scanning, they should still take another weight when the lambs are between 121 and 180 days of age. This will help raise the accuracies of the lamb’s stars. This will also help raise your DQI. Please click here for key dates for weights and scanning.