On Thursday the 13th September, the board members of Sheep Ireland gathered in Portlaoise for the September board meeting.
Several topics were discussed as outlined below:
- A detailed SWOT analysis was carried out by board members. A SWOT analysis is where the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats are identified in a company. This will be used to update the strategic plan that is currently in place and to ensure Sheep Ireland continues to move in the right direction.
- Board members were given an update on the CPT ram selection and sheep breed society’s input in the selection process.
- A new hill sheep recording strategy was discussed.
- An update on the latest genetic evaluation and genomics.
- The Sheep Ireland Elite €uroStar Multi-Breed Sale 2018 was discussed.