The 9th annual Sheep Irelands Elite €uro-Star Multibreed Ram sale will take place on Saturday 24th August 2019 at 12:00 pm in Tullamore Mart.
Deadline for entries is 12th August
Please find sale entry form here. If you wish to enter lambs into this sale then please fill out the entry form and return it to Sheep Ireland, Highfield House, Shinagh, Bandon, Co. Cork before the closing deadline mentioned above of Monday 12th August 2019. A provisional sales catalogue will be available on the website from Wednesday 14th August.
We will be accepting subs until 10am on Monday August 19th at which point the final catalogue will be printed. No substitutes will be accepted after this deadline. The final sale catalogue will be based on the genetic evaluation carried out on Monday August 19th. All rams must meet the sale entry criteria based on this evaluation run.
Potential to enter an additional (fifth) ram per breed
There are two possible ways for breeders to be granted an additional fifth entry (per breed) in the sale:
- Flocks ultrasound scanning large numbers of lambs. A decision on allocating additional entries based on the number of lambs’ ultrasound scanned will be made by Sheep Ireland once the total number of entries are received. Should a very high number of entries be received, a decision may be made not to include any additional entries under this category.
- The option of an additional (fifth) parentage verified entry from having all your sale entries are parentage verified is now closed.
Total entries per breeder (per breed) will be capped at 5 entries, even if they satisfy both criteria above.
Each ram entering this sale must meet the criteria set out below:
- €uroStar Index & Accuracy % – All rams must have five €uroStars for either the Replacement or Terminal index and in conjunction with this five €uroStars requirement, the adjoining accuracy (Acc) % is required to be 35% or greater at the time of catalogue printing. These can be checked using your Sheep Ireland online €uroStar report for the most up to date genetic evaluation results.
- Ultrasound scanning – All rams must have been born in a flock that has ultrasonically scanned a proportion of their lambs for muscle and fat depth in 2019. Flocks entering hogget’s must have scanned in 2018 also.
- Data Quality Index (DQI) – Breeders wishing to enter sheep in the sale must have a flock DQI of 70% or greater. Your DQI score can be found on your personal Sheep Ireland account on sheep.ie
- Flock Linkage Status – Flocks that wish to enter the sale must be genetically linked in 2019. Unlinked flocks will not be allowed enter the sale. You can check you flock linkage status by visiting your €uro-star profile through your online account.
- Ram Inspection – All rams must be physically correct similar to any breed society sale. Sheep Ireland will carry out a thorough ram inspection on the day and will inspect all rams upon entry to the sale. Any sheep which in our opinion are unfit for breeding will be rejected immediately.
Entries & Sale order
Breeders are permitted to enter four rams from each breed in their flock. Based on feedback from Breed Societies an extra ram may be allocated to breeders depending on the number of rams entered in the sale. Breeders who may receive an extra allocation will be notified by Tuesday 13th August. The sale will be run on a breed by breed basis and each breed will have two ballots. There will be two rings in operation on the day. The order in which breeds enter the ring and the ring they go through will be determined once all the entries for the sale have been received.
We are always looking for pictures of rams and this would be a good way to advertise your ram before the sale. If you interested in sending us in a picture we may put it up on Facebook with the breeder name and lot number for the sale. We may also use these pictures to advertise this sale. If interested, please forward pictures to email@example.com titled Ram Pic along with the ram’s ID or whatsapp them to 086 792 5679.
If you have any questions or queries on the sale, please contact us on 023-8820451 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org