Farmers who want to improve the performance of their flock can take the first step by joining Sheep Ireland’s LambPlus programme. As part of the programme, farmers are expected to record a variety of key events such as mating, pregnancy scanning, lambing information and weights. Genetic evaluations are generated once key performance information is entered and €urostar Index’s are then produced for all animals involved in the LambPlus programme. To view a detailed timeline of what is exactly involved and what you need to record as a member of LambPlus please click here
Existing LambPlus breeders can now renew their LambPlus membership for 2020 on the new online renewal application service on the Sheep Ireland website. Just simply visit www.sheep.ie and log into your current account , you will find ‘LambPlus Renewal’ once you are logged in. Complete the required criteria and ensure to agree to the T & C’s then click save. This is a much easier application method for breeders to continue their membership as LambPlus members. Sheep Ireland would encourage breeders to renew membership via the online service
Any new members who are thinking of joining LambPlus can download a sign-up form here.
10 Benefits for Farmers joining LambPlus:
- Seven different types of flock reports
- Inbreeding checker to manage inbreeding
- Pedigree Management services
- Subsidised genotyping service (€10/sample – Scrapie included)
- The LambPlus App
- A database of their records
- Possible entry into the LambPlus Multi-Breed sale
- Included in the Sheep Ireland directory of breeders which is sent to over 10,000 flocks annually
- Genetic Evaluations/€uroStars!!!
- Great customer service!
The option of joining LambPlus is open to pedigree (€50-€100) and commercial farmers (Free). To find out more information about LambPlus please click here.
Join TODAY by calling 023 882 0451 or visit www.sheep.ie