It is that time of year once again, for pedigree breeders and commercial sheep farmers in the country to begin performance recording their flock in order to increase genetic gain of their flock. Sheep Ireland have contacted all existing and new breeders with the LambPlus 2022 sign up form over the past week and there have been significant numbers signing up already! If you are a member of a society, a LambPlus 2021 member, or have ever had an account on Sheep Ireland then please log onto your Sheep Ireland account and sign up online. Below is what you will see when you log in:
If you have never been a member of LambPlus or a breed society and wish to sign up to LambPlus 2021 then download a copy of the sign-up form click here or alternatively you can contact Sheep Ireland to get more information on how to get sign up on 023 882 0451 or email [email protected] The deadline to sign up or return your sign-up form is 1st December.
Deadline for new breeders has been extended to December 15th!
The pricing structure for LambPlus 2021 is as follows:
- Group 1: For breeds that use the Sheep Ireland database to host their society flockbook (Belclare, Beltex, Blue Texel, Charollais, Dutch Spotted, Galway, Hampshire Down, Suffolk (Irish Sheep Society), Suffolk (South of Ireland Branch) Rouge, Texel, Vendeen, Valais Blacknose, Zwartble (IZSA) the fee to partake in LambPlus is €50.
- Group 2: For all other breeds the fee to join LambPlus is €100
- For breeders who have more than one breed, a single fee applies i.e. one fee per flock designator.
- If a breeder has a breed(s) from both Group 1 & Group 2, then the higher fee of €100 applies.
- Hill and Commercial flocks are free for 2021
Existing LambPlus breeders are reminded they are required to renew their membership annually, membership does not continue from the previous year and new terms and conditions must be read and agreed upon when renewing. Just simply visit www.sheep.ie and log into your current account , you will find ‘LambPlus Renewal 2022’ once you are logged in. Complete the required criteria and ensure to agree to the T & C’s then click save. This is a much easier application method for breeders to continue their membership as LambPlus members. Sheep Ireland would encourage breeders to renew membership via the online service.
If you have any queries please call Sheep Ireland on 023 882 0451 or email [email protected]