LambPlus is the performance recording service provided by Sheep Ireland to all pedigree and commercial sheep farmers in Ireland.
Signups will close on the 1st of December.
Don’t miss your chance, and watch why and how to become a LambPlus member in the following video:
Sheep Ireland aims to improve farm profitability by promoting the use of better sheep genetics. Thanks to work from many industry stakeholders, Ireland’s genetic trends for both the Terminal and Replacement index’s are heading in a positive direction.
Benefits of joining LambPlus and doing performance recording:
- Eleven different types of flock reports including weight reports and pregnancy reports
- Inbreeding checker to manage inbreeding
- Pedigree management services
- Subsidized genotyping service (€15/sample – Scrapie & Parentage predictions included)
- Free farm management recording LambPlus App
- A safe and secure database of your records
- Potential entry into the Elite €urostar Multi-Breed Ram Sale
- Listed in the Sheep Ireland’s directory of breeders which is sent to over 13,000 flocks annually
- Genetic Evaluations and €uroStars of your sheep
- Inclusion in an online Ram Search making your rams visible to sheep farmers across Ireland
- Customer support
As part of LambPlus, farmers are expected to record a variety of key events such as; mating, pregnancy scanning, lambing information and weights.
Genetic evaluations are generated once key performance information is entered and €urostar Index’s are then produced for all animals involved in the programme.
For more information call 023 882 0451, send a WhatsApp to 083 2063734, or email [email protected].