The deadline for the LambPlus program 2021 has been extended this year due to the 15% jump in participation which triggered the decision to extend the deadline for newly established pedigree flocks until midnight on 15 December. The current level of LambPlus breeders is 830 flocks and counting, anyone who is thinking of signing up should do so ASAP to avoid missing the extended deadline date. This is the highest level flocks participating since the Sheep Technology Adaption Programme (STAP).
Eamon Wall mentioned
With over half of the rams entering the national breeding flock each year coming from flocks outside of pedigree societies and not participating in performance recording, we know there is massive potential to drive further improvement in this area
The pricing structure for LambPlus 2021 is as follows:
- Group 1: For breeds that use the Sheep Ireland database to host their society flockbook (Belclare, Beltex, Blue Texel, Charollais, Galway, Irish Suffolk, Rouge, Texel & Vendeen) the fee to partake in LambPlus is €50.
- Group 2: For all other breeds the fee to join LambPlus is €100
- For breeders who have more than one breed, a single fee applies i.e. one fee per flock designator.
- If a breeder has a breed(s) from both Group 1 & Group 2, then the higher fee of €100 applies.
- Hill and Commercial flocks are free for 2021
The fastest and easiest way to sign up to LambPlus 2021 is to log onto your Sheep Ireland account and sign up online.
Mr Darren Carty of the Irish Farmers Journal spoke with Sheep Ireland’s Eamon Wall on the latest developments regarding the LambPlus program, click here to read Darren Carty’s article in the Irish Farmers Journal
If you have any queries please call Sheep Ireland on 023 882 0451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org