We currently have a vacancy for TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Sheep Ireland’s objective is to help shape the future of the Irish Sheep industry by improving the profitability of all Irish sheep farmers through identifying and promoting the best performing sheep genetics. Sheep Ireland is continually working to educate the sheep industry about the benefits and potential gains to be made by using genetic indices. We are currently at our highest ever level of industry participation and entering a new and exciting era of genomics and mobile App recording.
To further develop our sheep breeding services, we are looking for a person to join our team on a 12-month contract. This position will be based in our office near Bandon, Co. Cork with the possibility of some travel around Ireland.
The main duties will be;
- Technical Support – To provide technical phone support to existing LambPlus clients
- Systems Support & Development – Enhance existing systems & develop new online sheep breeding products
- Data generation – Help drive an increase in the level of sheep performance recording in Ireland among ram breeders and commercial sheep farmers
- Industry Communication – To help communicate the benefits of the €uroStar Indices to the Irish sheep industry
- A degree in an Agriculture related discipline
- Excellent computer skills
- Be a self-starter, with good initiative and attention to detail
- Strong customer service ethos
- Previous experience working in a sheep-related industry will be a distinct advantage
- This position is ideally suited to but not limited to graduates
If you are interested in the above position, please email your C.V. along with a cover letter describing why you are best suited for the position to email@example.com.
Application closing date is Thursday 18th January 2018.