The Ram Search can be found HERE
How to search for a specific animal: If you already have a ram ID (Dept. tag/ Ped I.D.) you can enter it into the “Search by ID” box (1) and any possible matches will automatically display at the bottom of the page.
How to search for a specific breeders lambs: To search for a specific breeders ram lambs you must enter the breeders Pedigree ID directly followed by the 2 digits for the year into the Search by ID box (1) and the results will automatically appear at the bottom of the page.
How to select a county(s) to search for a ram: You can search by one or more counties all at once by clicking on the required counties on the map (2). In the example 4 counties are included in the search
Example: How to select the top Belcare Replacement index ram lambs in Galway:
- Step 1: Click on Co. Galway on the Map (2)
- Step 2: Select the Belclare breed by clicking on the breed (3)
- Step 3: Select to search for only lambs (4)
- Step 4: Move the blue slider (5) up, the higher the slider is moved the better the index of the rams that will be searched for
- Step 5: Click on the animals ID (Displayed under the Animal heading), to bring up the animal and breeders full details
How to print a rams €uroStars: Once a ram is being displayed in the table at the bottom of the search page click on the rams ID (Displayed under the Animal heading), to bring up the animal and breeders full details. Then right click and select print or press Ctrl and P on the keyboard at the same time.
Why is my ram not appearing?
- Animals born after 2015 must have an NSIS recorded in order to display on the ram search
- The ram was not recorded through LambPlus
- The ram is recorded as dead
- The ram may not have been recorded on the database. Contact Sheep Ireland for more information.
- Any index with less than 10% accuracy will not display
Where can I find a list of LambPlus breeders in my area?
A list of current lamb plus breeders can be found here. You can then easily filter this list to find breeders in your local area.